Monday, September 14, 2009

Girls Weekend

About a month ago we got a Wedding invitation for a friend of mine. She was getting married in Utah this passed weekend and my Mom kind of jokingly said " Do you want to go?" I said "Yes" and she said OK so we decided to make it a girls weekend getaway. My Sister, My Mom, Megan and I all left Friday and came back Sunday. It was a totally quick trip but so worth it. My friend Emily was so shocked that we were there. Megan did amazing in the car and only cried a couple of times. While we were there we also got to see my cousins and my great Aunt who is 94. I also was able to see Kristie my best friend and her family. Kristie and her husband Wyman are the ones that introduced me to Daniel. We went to Cheesecake Factory and did some shopping.We were totally on the go the whole weekend and I am so exhausted but it was such a great break!

Megan pretty much looked like this the whole way unless she was sleeping. She is so cute and getting so big I just love it!
The reason for the whole trip. I was so excited to be there, I have known Emily my whole life. Congratulations Ryan and Emily!4 Generations, This is my Grandma's Sister and since I never had the opportunity to meet my Grandma I love talking with her sisters and hearing all the fun they had growing up.My Great Aunt and her husband were so cute with Megan.My Best Friend Kristie, I love her like a sister and it had been over two years since I saw her, we have both had two children since we last saw each other but it is so fun to pick up right where we left off. I just wish I could have spent more than a couple of hours with her but I will take what I can get!Here are three of the Patten kids unfortunately Collin was napping when I finally got the camera out and also I don't have any pictures with My cousins Lorie, Vickie or Jessica I totally forgot to pull out the camera I don't know what I was thinking :)Thanks Mom and Leah for an amazing unforgettable weekend and thank you Daniel for watching the kids so I could go and totally enjoy myself!We were so lucky that the traffic was great coming home and we made great time and best of all we got to see this amazing sunset!

2 comments:

Brynn said...

Was that Emily Lance? Good for her! Glad you had a fun trip!

Jess and Richard said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Thanks for making time to see us while you were here!