Monday, February 8, 2010

Christmas

Christmas was a little different for me this year for a couple of different reasons. The first being that I am a stay at home Mom so I got to really enjoy the holidays with the kids. We made gingerbread houses, decorated cookies and got to attend a lot of parties. It made the holidays more relaxed for me and I was able to focus more on what is really important instead of the constantly feeling rushed. Another reason it was different was that we decided that we wouldn't spend a lot on Christmas since we had gone back east for two weeks that was our gift to each other. So we bought one gift for each of the kids and that was it. It was hard for me because I love giving gifts at Christmas and not being able to buy the kids everything I wanted and not getting Dan anything was tough so I will not be doing that again. Also Christian was with his Mother for Christmas day so it was hard not getting to see him and really enjoy the day. We opened up our gifts with him on Christmas Eve so Christmas day was just not the same. We did have a nice Christmas just it wasn't the same as usual.

My sister Anna brought over her laptop that has a camera and we were able to talk to my Brother in Texas online. It was really fun to see my Brother's family on Christmas. Even though we didn't get each other any gifts we still had plenty from our family.Megan loved her first Christmas and absolutely loves her new set of blocks. It was so fun for me to open girly toys, I wasn't expecting to feel any different but I did. Not that I don't enjoy watching the boys open their Lego's and cars or anything but getting to open up gifts with purses and dolls and cute pink dogs was a lot more fun for me.Ryan's two favorite gifts from Christmas was a shark shirt Aunt Jessica made and an ESPN Baseball set from Grampy and Grammy Burke. He wants to wear the shirt everyday and he loves going in the garage to play baseball. So if you see him in his shark shirt in the next few post I promise I wash it in between wears but he seriously wants to wear it every day.

By the end of the night Ryan was so tired he just crashed watching Andrew play video games. It was a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Hampers said...

I just love, love, love all your holidays pics - especially the ones with Ryan playing the baseball.