Thursday, May 6, 2010

Party

The party was a huge success. The kids had a great time and everyone got along great! With Ryan's obsession with cows and needing a gender neutral theme I decided to have a farm party. I am so glad I did because everything turned out great.I asked my friend Jennifer if she could make a farm animal cake for the kids birthday. Well lets just say she went way above and beyond. She made incredible cupcakes, two different cakes and they tasted even better than they looked. I wanted to cry when I saw it all set up because it was so much better than I had envisioned. Thanks Jenn for making the kids day even better. She dropped them off about 9 and the party didn't start until noon, big mistake on my part because Ryan wanted the cupcakes so bad he couldn't wait. It wasn't really fair for me to ask a 3 year old to wait that long! The details on the cupcakes were amazing!This was Megan's Piggy cake. Since we started talking about the party Ryan had said that he was going to be the cow, Christian would be the horse and Megan was the pig. I love the way this cake turned out!We started the party with lunch, I was so thankful that is was such a beautiful day, not to hot or windy. It was perfect to enjoy the afternoon in the backyard. We decorated farm animals, and played some fun farm games!Ryan and Megan loved all the gifts and have enjoyed playing with them every day since!We ended the party with cake and ice cream. They kids had a wonderful time and Megan loved being able to eat the cake all by herself!
It was a wonderful day and we are so thankful for everyone that came and celebrated with us!

3 comments:

Please enjoy... said...

those cakes / cupcakes look soo good, i wanna eat one now even though it's just 7.30am! super cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow those cakes and cupcakes look so professional! Incredible! I'm glad you all had such a fun party! Love you guys! Erin

Lorie said...

Those cupcakes are ADORABLE!!! I can't even get over those! I am going to have to steal the farm idea for a birthday sometime! That looked so cute and there are so many things you can do with it! I liked the animal crackers A LOT! Anyway, glad it was a success!