Monday, September 13, 2010

Hospitals

So my life has been completely filled with Hospitals lately. My Dad was admitted about three weeks ago after suffering a stroke, he then was transferred to a rehab facility to help get some movement back in his legs only to be transferred back to the Hospital with an infection. He has since been discharged and remitted twice more with additional complications and blood clots. Luckily at this moment he is doing really well and hopefully on the path to recovery. I also had a brief stay in the Hospital while I had my Gall Bladder removed. I had been having episodes since about May, they would happen at night and last a couple hours. Then in August it became more frequent and the pain was much greater that I finally went to the Emergency room and found out that I had Gall Stones. So I had surgery on Sept 2nd. It went perfectly and I was in and out of the hospital within 5 hours. I am recovering really well and mostly feel back to 100%. Then this weekend we made another trip to the Hospital but this time it was to meet my new Niece Claudia. She is so cute and perfect and Mom and Baby are doing well. We are so happy for the Garthe Family.

2 comments:

Wendy and Neal said...

Jennie! I'm so glad that you were able to figure out your gall bladder issues. Isn't it so nice not having the pain anymore? Who knew! It almost seems like hospitals should educate you on the likelihood of having gall stones once you start having kids! :P

Abbey said...

Congratulations to Johnny and all of you on the new addition. She is beautiful! I am keeping your Dad in my prayers.

Abbe