Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Day

We started the morning by coming out to see what Santa gave us. We were all surprised to see that we all made the Nice list and boy did he spoil us. The best was Ryan got a DS which was the only thing on his list and once he saw it he turned to Dan and I and said "I'm so Happy" while he was jumping up and down. It was so cute. Then my sisters Anna and Leah, with her family, came over and we had breakfast.After breakfast we opened up all our gifts. I think the favorites of the day were Dan's new cups, Christian and Ryan's Kung Zu pets, Megan's new car, and I loved my Tickle Monster Book. Ryan also was so excited that he got new books for Mommy to read to him at bedtime. We have read his new Toy Story book every night since. (Kenna this was when he was opening your gift can you tell how red his face was?)After Megan had a nap we headed down the street to Dan's Uncle John's house for a wonderful Italian dinner. We also sang Christmas songs and got White Elephant gifts. One of the Christmas songs we sang was written by Aunt Betty, it was called "Walking in a Desert Wonderland". She wrote it after moving to California from Massachusetts. Then we had cake for dessert and we sang Happy Birthday to Christian and Auggie John. It was such a wonderful evening but about 6 my kids were becoming a little crazy so we packed up and headed back home.We had an amazing day and are so thankful for our Savior and all he did for us!

1 comment:

Cris said...

It's hard to tell how red Daniel's face is. Lindsey and I had a good laugh when I told her about it during our race! SO FUNNY! Wish we could have been there!

~kenna