Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Running

So the last couple of months I have run some pretty amazing races. The first was a 5k that I ran with Christian. The second was another Ragnar Relay Race and the third was a mud run. Each were so amazing and I loved them all for different reasons. I will not include Ragner in this post just because it will take me a while to get it all up but I will talk about the other two races.

I got an email the end of August for a 5k at the Great Park of Orange County and the sign up fee was half off. So I signed Christian and I up for the 5k (Dan was working so he couldn't do it with us). Here is Christian Finishing the 5k, his time was 30.30 which is really great especially since he ran by himself. I finished in 41 mins which was just ok!The day of the race my Mom brought Megan and Ryan down to watch us and so I signed Ryan up for the 1k kids run he was so excited. Well after he had taken off (Christian ran with him) the announcer told us that the course was marked wrong so the kids were actually running a whole mile instead of the 1k which is about .6 of a mile. Ryan finished in 12 mins and was so tired!I was so proud of Christian and Ryan for running so well. It was such a fun day, I really love watching the kids run and they love being involved in the race. We all got these cool medals and then they opened some of the rides at the Park for the kids to do so we went on the Carousal which Megan loved.For the Mud Run it was Johnny and Jessica, a friend of mine Brittney and then myself. We were a four member team and our team name was Anna's Warriors. We had such a great time. I absolutely loved the obstacles and running through the mud. I would recommend everyone run a mud run at least once in your life. All clean and ready to beginHere is Jessica and Brittney finishing the race.Johnny at the rope swing with me right behind him.Doing the rope swing.At the end of the race all muddy and gross. I look a little cleaner than the rest because a huge fire hose sprayed me toward the end of the race.

No comments: