Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WOW

Well Life took a drastic turn in August when we found out that My Sister Anna was diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer. She is only 34 years old this was not suppose to happen to someone so young. My Grandmother Garthe had breast cancer so we all knew that we could get it but I don't think any of us thought it would happen so soon and we were not expecting it to happen to Anna. She has a very aggressive type of cancer and luckily at the time they were doing a clinical trial so within 3 weeks of diagnosing her she was starting chemo and taking the additional clinical drug. She has to have 6 treatments of chemo every three weeks. It completely wipes her out it is so intense I don't know how she does it. As a family we have been able to ban together to be there through it all. We have made dinners, done grocery shopping, cleaned her apartment and been at all her doctor appointments. Through our faith in the Lord's plan and our prayers we have been able to cope with this life altering situation.
She is so amazing, she is fighting and smiling the whole way. She has responded really well to the drugs and the mass has shrunk so much that the Doctors have a hard time finding it when they examine her. She is half way through the treatments and I am so proud of her. I love her so much and am so grateful to be able to call her My Sister!Ryan was messing around and decided to try on Anna's Wig.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow is right! My prayers are with Anna and your family. What a positive attitude you all are taking. I have always admired how your family bans together! Good luck! Love you guys!

cherise and Tristan said...

I am so sorry to hear that. my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer at 29 years old. It was also very aggressive. She passed away at 31 leaving 2 small children behind. I went with her to her treatments and took care of her when she was sick after the chemo. I don't wish anybody to have to go through that. My thoughts and prayers are with your family Cherise