Friday, December 12, 2008

Miserable Day

Yesterday was one of those days that make me wish I wasn't a home owner. Dan was downstairs while I was still getting ready in the morning when he started yelling for me to hurry down, bring towels it was an emergency. Well when I came down stairs I found that our water heater was leaking. Now our water heater is in the laundry/sports room and we have that whole area covered with drapes so when we are in that room we are not looking at the the washer, the furnace and the water heater. So basically we have no idea how long it had been leaking, Dan found out because there was a funny smell and when he started looking around he found the leak. Now our water heater sits on a drywall box and the water had been running down the box onto the concrete which then lead to it going under our hard wood floor. So Dan quickly drilled a hole under the box so the water would drain into a pot. So a plumber came out and we have to replace the whole unit and of course Dan wants the tankless water heater which is like a 1000 more then a regular one. On top of all this going on, Ryan decided to pull the stockings down from the mantel and it made two snow globes fall and break. So then we had glass, water and glitter all over the family room. It just wasn't a good day. The biggest problem I am having is that why did this have to happen this month, things are already tight enough with it being Christmas and Christian's birthday this month and now we have to add an additional bill for the water heater. WHY DON'T WE JUST RENT AGAIN?????

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm sooooooo sorry! Hope tomorrow is a better day :).

Lorie said...

I was thinking the same thing...not right now before Christmas! I hope that the water heater is all that you have to replace and not the wood flooring along with it. So sorry!

Jenna said...

Oh my! I hope things get figured out soon...I know...there's always one thing after another...this morning we woke up with a leak coming out of the ceiling...but at least we're renting!