Monday, December 10, 2007

Needed Alone Time

Ok so Ryan is about to be 8 months old and I rarely go out with out him. This weekend was a huge exception!!!! Friday night I got to go shopping alone. It was really great to be able to just walk around and not worry about children. I went to Mervyn's which ended up being way to crowded but it was still alot of fun. Then on Saturday night Dan and I went to an Adult only Christmas party and had blast. It was only the second night we have had without Ryan. Now we have had a lot of offers from family to watch him so we could go to dinner and stuff but since we both work we never really felt like we needed it. Well after being together with out the kids I see why people do it so often. We did spend way to much time there but it was great. We were the first to arrive at 6:30 and one of the last to leave around 11:30 (thanks mom for making it possible). Part of the reason we were there so long is because it was at the Garces' home and Dan has been having Nick withdrawals because we haven't been able to have them over while my Dad is staying with us and Nick has been working on Sunday's so Dan has missed him.(He is going to kill me for posting this) Anyways we had a great time and it was so nice to be without the kids. I think from now on I will take my family up on their offers to go without the kids. Also on Saturday Christian had his last football game and had a pizza party. Dan and I each got a gift card from the coach for being the team mom and the assistant coach which was really unexpected and so nice. It was a fun season but I am glad it is over. Next year Christian wants to play tackle football so we will see how that goes. Also yesterday the Pats won again so it was a great day at my house. Here are some photos from Christian's last football game and party. We got Ryan a new hat since it was so cold on Saturday and I just love him in it.

3 comments:

HunnyHull said...

Holy freakin' cow!!! How did you find me? It is so good to hear from you. Are you on myspace or facebook. We must catch up. Your family is so cute. Let me know and I can find you.

Kalli Monroe said...

You guys are so cute! I love hearing about all your family first. You also remind me to change my routine a little. i know its hard to be away from the kids but it only gets easier:)

Jenna said...

I've been in Texas for 3 weeks while David is at school...I am SO READY for a night out alone with David! I'm envious! (Thank goodness he's coming to meet us here tomorrow!).