Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ryan turns one



I can't believe that it has been a year already. In some ways it feels like just yesterday we were getting everything ready for his arrival, but in other ways I can't remember life without him. He is really such a sweet and fun boy. I love the joy he brings to our family. We had a really great day today, I was able to stay home with him and it was good because he woke up kind of sick. But he took a three hour nap this morning and then was feeling much better. We went to the park and played and then had a little party for him with just us. We gave him our gifts and went out to dinner to Outback(which is one of Dan's favorite restaurant's), they sang to him and we actually let him have the ice cream. Well actually he just ate the Oreo's and whip cream on the top and than I gave the rest to Christian. He is having a party on Sunday where he will get to eat the cake. I think his favorite part of the whole day was playing with the balloons Christian blew up for him (thanks Kenna, Christian said that we have to do balloons in the hallway from now on). Well I just want to share 10 highlights or blessings from the past year of Ryan's life.

1. A big brother who just adores Ryan and will do anything and everything for him.



2. Wonderful Vacations with both sides of our families.


3. Grandma's that love Ryan almost as much as I do.


4. Babysitters that I feel really love Ryan and I feel comfortable leaving him with while I have to work. (Sorry Jessica B. I don't have any pictures of you or a better one of you, Rachel)


5. My husband who I feel is the most amazing Father!


6. Wonderful Cousins (Sorry I don't have pictures with all the cousins)


7. A baby who sleeps pretty much through the night, I promise he is in there.


8. Grandpa's who treat him like a little man. (Sorry PawPaw I don't have any of you holding Ryan, Nana do you have any?)



9. This amazing smile that just makes my day.

10. Our Forever Family

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Rosell said...

Happy First Birthday Ryan!

Lorie said...

I can't believe he is already one! He is an adorable, happy baby! I'm glad that you got to enjoy the day together! Sounds like a fun family birthday party. You can see how much the boys love each other! That is fun!

Jessica Martiele said...

Wow, I haven't been on your blog in a while (changing my page deleted my widgets, so I'm glad I have your address again, thanks!) and I had to go back forever and read up! You guys are SOOOO busy! Yay for the Burkes!

But most importantly, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE MAN!!!!!!! He's getting SO big, and you guys are so very blessed, between having one adorable mini munchkin and one handsome older boy who obviously loves and takes care of his little brother. Congrats to everyone, and best wishes for this next year as Ryan continues to grow and grow...and grow! Remember, if ever you need an emergency babysitter for any reason, a day, a week, or more...we're here!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RYAN!!!

Rachel Garces said...

Happy Birthday little one. We just love him at our house. And we'll have to take a good picture tomorrow night so that dilemna doesn't happen again. lol.