Friday, July 11, 2008

4th of July Fun

Well I think this was my favorite 4th of July. It started with our 5k run which turned out incredible. I wanted to finish in under 45 minutes that did happen because I decided that speed was not as important as running the entire 3 miles. So I ran the whole race and finished at 49:40. I was so happy I actually cried at the finish line. Dan and my brother in law ran the 10k in 1:02:52 it was unbelievable especially since Dan had not trained at all. He is definitely a natural runner. So now I have to train to run faster for the whole 3 miles because at the end of August when I do the Disney run I have to finish in under 45 minutes to get the medal. After our race we went to a near by park had breakfast and then let the kids run a mini race. They were so cute and excited and at the end they all got medals. We then came home took showers, napped and then had everyone over to our house for a BBQ and fireworks. It was such a great day. I am so glad that Kenna talked us all into running it together it was really fun and I think she just started a new tradition for the family.


This was at the end of the race, you can see that I was totally dying but it was worth it!This is Kenna and I at the end of the race

The kids had such a good time running in their race


Christian loved his medal

2 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Running the whole race, that's awesome! It's been fun following your running and watching how much you've improved. Keep it up.

And holy crap Dan... busting out a 10k with no training, now you're just making the rest of us look bad. I'm coming for you on the Dland run! :)

Lorie said...

I got all excited just reading your blog. Is that lame? Anyway, good job on the 5k! I am so excited for the Disneyland run...I know that you can do it!!!! I can't wait! And, way to go Dan! That is REALLY good time, especially without training! Sounds like you had a good time on the 4th!