Friday, July 11, 2008

When Family is in town.......

We always jam pack everyday with so much fun! These last two weeks have been amazing. I have had such a great time with my family. We have done so much it is hard to list everything but I am going to try, more for journaling purposes then anything else. It started with us all taking the kids to John's Incredible Pizza again which was a major hit with everyone. Then I told you about our 4th in the post below. Saturday the men all went golfing in the morning and then we did family pictures and had my Nieces baptism. Her baptism was so special and I hope it will be a day she remembers forever. Sunday was my Nephews birthday party. It was a pirate theme and the kids got to dig for treasure and decorate swords. It was a lot of fun. Then on Monday we went to Legoland. Unfortunately Dan had to work but we still managed to have a good time. They have opened a whole new area since we went last year so it was really great. The kids all did great and we had a wonderful time. It was really sad saying goodbye to my Brother on Tuesday of last week since we don't have another trip planned yet so I am not sure when we will see him again. Then on Wednesday my parents, Kenna, Leah and I were able to go to the temple. Thank you Richard and Daniel for watching the kids to make that possible. We went to dinner at CPK before hand and it was such an incredible evening. It was the perfect balance of fun and spirituality it was probably one of my favorite days of the trip. Thursday and Friday we just kind of all hung out and Friday night we saw the movie Over the Hedge at a Park in Placentia which was really neat. On Saturday we went to the beach. Ryan had the best time. He was so great in the water, he would fall over with the waves and then just continue to crawl through the waves like it was no big deal. He didn't cry once the whole three hours we were there. I hope that he will always be like that and enjoy the water as much as I do. On Sunday the trip took a turn for the worst with Spencer getting sick and we almost had to cancel our plans for Monday but Spencer told us he would be fine with the Babysitters so on Monday we went to Glen Ivy Day Spa. It was amazing. I have never been before and I can't wait to go again. Every penny was well spent and we have decided that it is a new tradition since the men always go play golf for 4 to 5 hours we should get to go to the spa every trip. It was both of my sisters, my two sister in laws, my mom and I that went. We had such a great time but I did learn a few things, like don't get a pedicure in the middle of the day because the polish will get messed up before you even make it home and don't have two spa services done in one day because then you don't have much time for relaxing in the pool. Then yesterday Trent and Ryan got the bug Spencer had and starting throwing up and then Kenna got it. So her plane ride home last night was miserable with her and Trent throwing up but hopefully the rest of the trip was fun enough to make up for the couple of bad days and the awful plane ride. I don't know what it is about Cris and Kenna but every time we are with them whether it is for 3 days or two weeks it never seems like enough. We always have such a great time and I would really like to go visit them again before the end of the year but I am not sure if that is going to happen. Sorry for so many pictures but it was a great couple of weeks and thanks Leah and Jess for the pictures because I was a total slacker at bringing my camera everywhere.

Lined up on the street for the fireworks.Our family photo, Christian refused to smile!Charles' Pirate themed partyLegoland was really great and not very crowded which was a definite plus.Unfortunately there is not much for Ryan to do at Legoland but luckily, he had a good time sitting in the stroller with Nathan and watching the kids on the rides.Ryan's first real experience at the beach you can see how he just loved it! Christian did really well in the water this time, I think the rash guard helped him not be so cold but he still preferred to dig with his cousins then go out in the water with Dan and I.

No comments: