Monday, October 6, 2008

THE BIG 3-0!
Yesterday was Dan's 30th Birthday. We had a really nice relaxing day at home watching conference and then we went to my parent's house for dinner and to watch the Angels - Boston game. It was a really nice day and Dan said the only bad part was that the Red Sox's lost but the Patriots did win so it wasn't all bad. For the last couple of months I kept asking him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he would say "oh nothing it is really not that big of a deal" But of course I think it is a really big deal so I threw him a surprise party on Saturday the 27th. We have gone to a few baseball games so I decided that he will not suspect anything if I do it there. I ended up getting 50 tickets and invited family and friends to meet us for a tailgating party and then to enjoy the game with us. It was the perfect plan. He had no idea and we had a great time. I got to the Stadium around 3 to save spots for everyone and people starting showing up around 4, then about 4:30 Dan showed up and saw us all sitting there in this big circle. We did hot dogs and stuff in the parking lot, the kids loved being all together and getting to run around. We all sat before the game and hung out talking, it was really hot but totally worth it. Then we all went and watched the game. The Angel's ended up losing but it was still really fun. It was hard to talk to everyone since there were so many of us but overall it was great. He really loved it and was glad so many could attend.



He got some really nice gifts but I think his favorite is the shirt he got from his Sister Erin. Once he opened it he quickly put it on.

I want to say a big thank you to my Mom, Johnny and Jessica for helping me pull this off and for making it run so smoothly. Also a big thanks to Rachel and Nick for letting us use their grill, it was perfect.
We were able to get Dan's name on the score board, it was really cool to see!

5 comments:

Jess and Richard said...

That looks like so much fun! That is great!

Joanna said...

Thanks for having us, we had a great time! I of course, didn't watch too much of the game because I am a talker :). How did I miss his name on the score board? Just call me miss blabber mouth, or maybe I was on one of the bathroom runs with the kids, who knows?

eli&joelynn said...

What a fun, fun night!! almost perfect.. too bad they Angels didn't squeak out the win.. besides that.. AMAZING! You are so good Jenny and Dan is so lucky!! Happy 30 big guy!

Jenna said...

You are so fun! I'll hire you for throwing my 31st party! (:

Rachel Garces said...

Sooo much fun. Thanks for inviting us. thanks for chit chatting with me today. Soooo needed.