Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkins

We had so much fun last night carving pumpkins. Christian did his all by himself for the first time and I think it turned out great. Ryan did not want to touch the inside of the pumpkin but loved holding the pieces once they were cut out. He also enjoyed eating them. I love this time of year and all the family traditions that go along with it. Dan is not into these traditions like I am he doesn't like decorating things or helping so most of the night he complained about the mess we were making but once he saw the end result and how happy Christian was I think he was a little more excited. I also convinced him to help with the big pumpkin since I had already carved Ryan's so he did join us for a little while. Hopefully one year he will turn off the Football game and join us for the whole thing. Little by Little right!


Also, I don't know if I blogged about my new calling but about a month ago I was called to be the Primary Chorister. I am absolutely loving the calling but it is a lot of work the last two hours of church. This past weekend I made this spin board. The kids are busy perfecting the songs for the program that is in a couple of weeks so it was a fun way to help the kids remember the songs.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I love the spin board idea!!!! How exactly does it work? Did you know that I have that same calling right now? Let me know if you'd like to swap ideas...more the better, right? (:

Lorie said...

Thats why you have that calling! You are so creative and I'm sure WONDERFUL!!! It may be a lot of work, but those kids love it I am sure! Do you ever wonder what happened to the day of rest after 2 hours in primary??? Anyway, the pumpkins sound like fun! I'm glad that you carry on traditions. Those are what make memories! Its not always easy, but its worth it! Your kids looked like they loved it!!!