Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had the most amazing weekend. Everyday was incredible and was spent with Family and Friends. I feel so grateful that things went so well and to show how great it was I have no pictures to show for it. On Thursday Dan and Christian got to play in our wards Turkey Football game and they had a great time and played for over two hours. Then we got dressed up and went and took our Family Christmas pictures. I just got the pictures today and I am so excited how they turned out. We then went to my parents house and spent the day looking at the Ads for Black Friday, playing fun games and of course eating. The food was really great and I was lucky enough to not throw up, which was a great part of the day. After dinner Dan and I were able to go out with our friends to see the Twilight movie. I have read the books, Dan didn't but said he would see the movie with me. Well it turns out that he loved the movie and now wants to read the books. I thought the movie was good, not as good as the books of course but still good. After the movie we sat in front of our house talking with our friends until about 11:30 which is really late but was so nice. We owe a big thanks to my Mom for watching the boys so that we could have such a great night. Well my Mom ended up spending the night since we got up at 3 am to hit the stores for some shopping. My sister met us and we hit Kohl's, Toys R Us and JcPenny's with no problem walking in getting what we wanted and not waiting in to long of lines but that all changed when we hit Wal-Mart. We had done three stores before 6 am and that is when we went to Wal-Mart, they did not do a very good job in making things easy and convenient and after fighting over some cheap PJ's we decided that we needed a break. So we went to Breakfast and then continued our shopping day. It was so nice to be with my sister and mom with out all the interruptions the kids usually have. We thank our Husbands very much for letting us shop for 12 hours with out the kids. It was totally exhausting but so worth it. Saturday my family came over to enjoy the Turkey soup Dan made that was so delicious we had to share with everyone. To end the weekend we went to my niece Madison's first birthday party and had a good time. The only bad part of the weekend was that with all the excitement of everything Ryan didn't get the naps or bedtime he usually has so he now thinks he doesn't need naps and he can stay up till 9 when he usually goes to bed at 7, hopefully this will not last long. I really have so much to be thankful for and this weekend just seemed to prove to me that although things aren't always perfect I really do have a great life.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Good food, good company, and good deals...Sounds like the perfect weekend!

The Okamoto Clan said...

I'll bring you a catalog on Sunday! :)