Saturday, February 9, 2008

Talents

Christian has been obsessed with writing songs lately. He wants to be in a Band and every chance he can he sings. Well most of the time he is really shy and will not sing except for in front of his family. Well on Friday night we went to the Ward Talent show and he decided that he wanted to be a part of it. So he went over to the Lady in charge and asked her if he could sing, she of course said that would be fine and told him that he would be the third one up. Well I was totally sure that he would back out when they called his name but he didn't. So he walked up to the stage and he says "I wrote this song myself, I actually wrote two songs but I am only going to sing one because I am really nervous." Then he began to sing I was so nervous for him, but when he ended I was so proud. He came back and sat by me and said "Jennie I was so nervous my leg wouldn't stop shaking." It was so cute but unfortunately I don't have any pictures or videos of it, another lady recorded it so once I get it I will share it. He really is so talented at writing and for my brother in laws birthday he wrote him a song as his gift. So Dan I decided that he needed a book to write them in so that we could keep them for him sort of like a journal. So I made this book for him for Valentine's Day. That way the songs will be saved and in five years we will get a good kick out of reading them.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Seriously, that is really awesome that Christian is soooo into writing songs this young! And singing in front of a crowd on a whim? That takes guts. Can't wait for the video!