Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day

Well let me start by saying Happy St. Patrick's Day. This past week has been horrible. I have been really sick and so has Ryan. Having a sick kid while you are sick at the same time has got to be one of the worst things ever. Between the two of us we have had fevers, coughs, running noses, headaches, throwing up and goopy eyes. So I wasn't really looking forward to doing all the things for St. Patrick's Day but Dan said he would help me so I did it. First I made Corned Beef and Cabbage for Dan last night and we had my parents over. I got the recipe from Dan's mom and I think it turned out really well, Dan actually had three helpings so that said a lot about what he thought of it. Then tonight we had the Garces Family over and had a fun St. Patrick's night. We just had pizza and salad and then a lot of fun goodies. We had a really great night which was nice since I have been feeling so bad lately. The best part of the night was after we put the kids to bed and Dan turns to me and says "Thanks for making this Holiday so special for me, I love you" It was really nice and unexpected, it made all the preparations worth it.


Now I need to clean my house and start packing because we leave Friday night for our Texas trip.

1 comment:

Lorie said...

I'm sorry that you were all sick. It sounds horrible. I hope that you all feel better soon. I'm glad that it didn't ruin your fun St. Patrick's Day plans! Have fun in Texas, tell Chris and the fam hello for me!