Thursday, September 4, 2008

Football Season

Well today is Opening day for Football Season and so my life stops. I get to spend Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday either at home watching Football or going out alone. The first two years of our marriage I hated Football. I hated the fact that nothing came before football, if there was a game on, any game, he would want to stay home and watch it. Or if he did go out it had to be to a place that would have the game on so he could watch and then he wasn't much company anyways so it was worthless. Luckily I made a friend that change my life and marriage for the better. She taught me how to get through football season. How to except the fact that this is the way it is. How to not take it personal when he didn't want to take me out for my birthday because a game was on and the biggest thing was that to appreciate the better mood he was in while it was football season. Which was the best thing for me. Dan really is a totally different person during this season. So last year I decided to get involved. We started a football pool with my family where we pick the teams that are going to win each week and this year I have even joined a Fantasy league. It has been fun so far because he helps me and wants to talk all the time about what our teams will do. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father knows me and that he put a friend in my life that has change my perspective on things. Here's to making my marriage better and surviving the Football Season. GO PATS!

5 comments:

Nora's world said...

I used to feel the same way about hockey, but Sam refused to root for anyone but the Kings, and because they have have been ummm, sucking, the past few years, his addiction has lessened. Call me and I'll go hang out with you.

Shannon said...

It's a Burke Thing! You've got to love it! Football...Basketball...Soccer...
Hockey...Baseball...Any sport with a ball works! Go Pats! Love to all!

Lorie said...

Okay, I have always known that you are amazing, but that just sealed the deal! I am a football hater (as you once were) and I don't think I could do it. Luckily Chris likes football but isn't really into. You are the woman! You will be a true fan in no time! I love that you have put forth such effort and accepted things instead of trying to change things like us women usually do. You are amazing! Go Pats???

Tyler Jorgenson said...

What a great post. I feel the same way about Tanya and Grey's Anatomy. ;) Just kidding, but I really do like the insight shared in your post.

Jenna said...

What a great attitude! I've had to do a similar thing with David and his love for "fixing" things...some things just make a guy happier...it's good to feel like I'm supporting something he loves...You're awesome!!!!!