Friday, September 19, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Well My Brother and his family are doing really well considering they have been without power for 7 days and they have not gone to the store. They did lose all their food in their fridge and freezer but they have been having a great time and a look at these pictures will show you how lucky there were to have no damage to their house. My Brother had to go back to work on Tuesday but Wednesday through Friday was bring your family to work so they had a lot of fun doing that. They had games, magicians, movies, and treats for the kids and then they had massages for the adults. The owner also paid a gas tanker to come to the Toyota Center and fill up all their tanks for free so they don't have to sit in the horrible lines to get gas. Also, every night they sent the family's home with care packages with milk, cereal and bread. So one day they had a puzzle competition and my niece won so she got to dress up as Mini Clutch (which is the mascot for the Rockets). The kids will be out of school until at least Thursday so my Sister in law is trying to convince my Brother to take some days off so they can go and stay with some friends in Dallas. Here are some pictures from their neighborhood and Brittanie dressing up.This is their school and you can't really tell from this pictures but the tree fell right
on about 6 Power lines.Brittanie is in the costume.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I can't even imagine being in Texas right now. I am SO happy that Chris and the family are doing well and making the most of the situation...I wouldn't expect anything less from them! They are awesome! And, I love Brittany all dressed up...she is adorable! Thanks for the update!

Lorie said...

I can't even imagine being in Texas right now. I am SO happy that Chris and the family are doing well and making the most of the situation...I wouldn't expect anything less from them! They are awesome! And, I love Brittany all dressed up...she is adorable! Thanks for the update!

Jenna said...

My in-laws live in Houston area, too...they didn't have to evacuate, but have been without power as well...what a crazy ride...glad to hear that Chris and his family are okay!

eli&joelynn said...

Oh My Word!! Chris and Kenna and their little ones are in our hearts and prayers! How scary is all of that?! Keep us updated!