Monday, May 12, 2008

I finished the race

Well I ran the revlon 5k on Saturday and it was great. They said there was about 55,000 people there so it was huge but it was an incredible experience. I did the 3.22 miles in just under 52 minutes, I had to walk a little bit more than I wanted to because I was so hot (next time I am not going to wear the big cotton shirts they provide) but I really loved it. At the beginning of the race they had a moment of silence for all the women how have had or do have cancer. It was amazing that a crowd so big got so quiet so quickly. I ran the race with my friends Rachel and Laura and I am so grateful that I did. Around the 2 mile mark I was having a hard time and Rachel said to me, remember you are running for people who can not run themselves. We are doing this for our future and our daughters future. That really helped me continue on. Thank you so much for all of you that donated and supported me with this race. I am so grateful that my first run could be for such an incredible cause I hope to do this race every year. I can't believe that I have enjoyed training as much as I have. I was really tired on Saturday and Sunday but they could be because I didn't sleep well the night before because I worried of missing my alarm and then we had to leave around 6 am. I have a race planned for every month for the next three months so if anyone wants to join me please let me know, the more the merrier.


This is us at the start of the race. This was the start line there was four times as many people behind us!
Then at the end, we got these great medals for finishing.

This was my greatest motivation I was honored to run in memory of her!

6 comments:

Stacie A said...

Congrats on your 5k finish! That is awesome! Your little family is so cute...I loved reading your blog and catching up. I just wanted to let you know that I finally started a blog, you can catch me at www.wooterswaters.blogspot.com. I'd love to hear from you and we definitely need to keep in touch. :)

Jenna said...

I'm super impressed! I hope I can glean from your motivation and try running again after I have this baby!

Lorie said...

That is awesome! I am so excited for you! All I can say is...You are amazing!

Rachel Garces said...

Your camera is in my purse. I forgot to unload my backpack on Sat. So I have it. Don't worry.

Brynn said...

GOOD JOB!!! What a stud(ette)!!!! I would love to run (or attempt) a race in the future. Let me know what you have planned! My email is brynnaubrey@hotmail.com

Joanna said...

Good job girl! I would love to run a 5K. Let me know what races are coming up.