Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Every year since I can remember, we always spend Memorial day visiting cemeteries and have lunch as a family. I don't know if we do it because my brother was born on May 24th or if it was a tradition of my parents growing up. So yesterday we went and took flowers and cleaned the head stones of our loved ones that have passed on and then we headed to Carbon Canyon Park for a picnic. It was a fairly cold day but other than that it was so much fun. I think my favorite part was when the kids were playing freeze tag and Dan, my brother John and my brother in law Richard joined in. It was great watching them chase each other around and Dan's feet were really sore this morning from all the running and twisting. Although it is fairly sad thinking of those that have passed on and missing them, I love being together as a family
and remembering them.

This is my brother's head stone after we had cleaned it.

Ryan and Sara had so much fun on the swing together and we gave Ryan a Mohawk yesterday for fun.



We of course feed the ducks at the park and Charles wanted to jump in.


Lately Ryan has been helping me unload the dishwasher, he already knows the sound of the door being opened so he rushes over to crawl in and help.


1 comment:

Lorie said...

What a nice way to spend your Memorial day. We visited Chris' dad's grave on Sunday and we were sure glad that we did. It rained/hailed all day Monday. I think its nice to reflect on the lives of those that are no longer with us. And, it looks like you had a good time as a family as well!