Thursday, June 19, 2008

Last Day of School

Today was Christian's last day of school and they had a minimum day. So I took the day off to be with him. He was so excited and since he was getting out early we had a whole day of fun planned. It started with Donuts before school, since it was his last day I let him pick what he wanted for breakfast and he said donuts so that is what he got. When I picked him up from school he was singing "School's out for summer, School's out forever" It was really cute. Then we went swimming with our friends in the big pool (according to Christian) which was great because I got to go in as well. We were swimming for about two hours, it was great and Ryan is a total fish and cried when it was time to get out. Christian got three awards at school, one for perfect attendance, one for citizenship, and one for excellent math scores. We are so proud at how well he has done in school this year that we took him to John's Incredible Pizza for dinner. He invited his cousins to come and it was so fun. We have never been there before and we absolutely loved it and I don't think we will ever go to Chuck-E-Cheese again. It is like a cross between CEC and a fair and their food is a buffet which was nice because we all were able to get different things. Christian had pizza, Dan and Ryan had pasta and I had a salad, and dessert is included. It was so much fun and a great way to start the summer!

Christian was very excited that school was over!



This is Christian's First Grade teacher Mrs. McCandless, I was worried at the beginning of the year when she told us that she would be retiring at the end of the school year because I thought she would kind of be over teaching but it was the complete opposite. She was incredible and we will definitely miss her.



At John's Incredible Pizza they had a play area for younger kids and Ryan loved being able to run around, but he was not so sure about the slide.


Ryan enjoying his dinner

The kids and Dan loved the rides



I think my favorite part was the bumper cars, they were really cool!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

That place looks really fun! Where is it?

Lorie said...

That place looks WAY better than Chuck E. Cheese! Fun! It's weird to hear that he is just getting out, I forget that kids are still in school. Our kids have been out for almost a month now. Anyway, I hope he enjoys his summer! Looks like you started it off great!

Joanna said...

Love Ryan's hair in those pictures! I still have never been to John's Incredible Pizza, we definately need to try it some time.