Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Not as Good

Saturday I ran my second 5k and unfortunately I did worse than the first time, but I did have to push a stroller and it was like 90 degrees when we ran, but still no excuses I did worse. I got to run with My Mom, My Sister, my Nieces and Nephews, Ryan and My Brother in Law. I wouldn't say that it was fun but I finished and then we all had a good time sitting and eating lunch together. I run my next one on the 4th of July so I am really trying to push myself this week and next week so that I can do better than the first time. Also, I am going to run in the Disneyland 5k race on Saturday, August 30th so if anyone is interested it would be fun to have a big group to run with. The Disney race is a little expensive but I think it would be fun to run through both parks and get the medal. Anyways, wish me luck in my training for the next two weeks and lets all pray that the weather will be better on the 4th.
My Niece and I before the race.

Here is the stroller I pushed with Ryan and my other Niece.

After the race my Brother in Law put my Nephews into this stroller and pushed them all around they totally loved it.

6 comments:

Emily Rosell said...

Jennie - I would love to do the race with you in August! Let me know the details - I think it would be so fun!

Tanya said...

That stroller would be so hard to push while running. That is crazy! Sara and I are still planning to do the disney thing but our training is not doing so well...we would rather walk and talk =) We better get on it. =)

The Okamoto Clan said...

Good for you Jennie for getting out there in this heat! AND for pushing that stroller...way to go!

Kinsie said...

I've been thinking about the disney 5k for awhile...if you don't finish in the allotted time you don't get a medal :( isn't that sad?

Bill and Ramona said...

Seriously, that stroller does not look easy to push AT ALL! I hate trying to run and push a stroller, good for you for going for it. Have fun at the rest of your races!

Brynn said...

That is so awesome! I am actually running the Disney 5k too. I don't know if you remember Shelley Young or not, but we had planned to do it together. We'll have to meet up!